SAP SuccessFactors Online Training with Step-by-Step Walkthroughs
Written by Toonimo
The Importance of Human Resources Management
Every business owner knows that an effective Human Resources Management (HRM) team is critical to the success of the business. The function of HRM includes recruiting, managing, and directing people within the company. In essence, HRM is responsible for managing the culture and environment of the workplace to promote the health, safety, and well-being of employees to keep them motivated and engaged. A strong HRM team can help move the company in a positive direction and help guide the company in accomplishing its goals.
Sometimes disorganization within a company can disrupt Human Resources Management from completing its objectives, and therefore cause unhappiness and disarray with employees; This is where SAP SuccessFactors steps in.
SAP SuccessFactors and its Benefits
SAP SuccessFactors is an all-inclusive human capital management (HCM) software solution that uses the cloud-based SaaS model. Their HCM application suite integrates onboarding, social business and collaboration tools, a learning management system, performance management, recruiting software, applicant tracking software, succession planning, talent management, and HR analytics all in one solution. SAP SuccessFactors boasts over 67 million users and more than 6,200 client accounts.
SAP SuccessFactors is the undisputed leader in the HR management software field. Some of its advantages are that it can provide protection of talented workers and discover bad performance before it causes any damage to the business. SAP SuccessFactor’s talent management suite allows companies to improve hiring quality by providing integrated marketing tools and helps identify existing talent by specifying required skills and competencies in creating job requirements.
Challenges with SAP SuccessFactors
Despite SAP SuccessFactors leading functionality in most areas of HR, the product is complex and requires a lot of work to properly launch and utilize the product. SAP Consultant Soumyasanto Sen states that it is a common misconception that SAP SuccessFactors can be implemented very quickly or that it can be executed with little consulting support. He mentions that implementing such a solution is a new experience for many companies and thus, companies tend to run into issues.
The current onboarding process for SAP SuccessFactors is quite tedious and time-consuming. SAP offers training courses for their program which translates to time and money spent learning the software and teaching it to employees. Furthermore, confused employees must make costly calls to HR to further their understanding of the program or take informal actions to learn by methods such as reading blog posts, watching videos, etc. which can lead to mistakes and errors in adopting the platform. SAP claims that 84% of companies aren’t using their workforce to their full potential and that $11B is lost annually due to disengaged workers and employee turnover. They also claim that they can help reduce these numbers through their software solution but to what extent does it help if users don’t know how to properly use it.
Next Generation of Online Training Tools
In recent years, there has been an emergence of a new generation of online training tools. These tools, dubbed as “digital walkthrough software”, provide personalized web page guidance in the form of step-by-step walkthroughs. These solutions can provide different benefits in many industries. Such benefits are improving user training & onboarding, reducing customer support costs, and increasing sales and conversions. Key differentiations in the different products are in the features they provide, such as adding a real human voice along with annotations. These tools can easily be integrated with SAP SuccessFactors to give access to users a plethora of on-demand, guided walkthroughs to properly teach and retain the software. HR and employees, alike, will be able to easily learn the features of SAP SuccessFactors without the need for outside assistance. These tools not only encourage self-service and improve user engagement, but also reduce costs associated with traditional onboarding methods.
Examples of Features Provided
- With the guidance of a Real Human Voice, users are easily onboarded through audio-visual walkthroughs that interactively guides users and can address them personally.
- Visual Guidance is a powerful feature that helps explain and guide users or employees through a complex funnel with visual cues and CSS effects.
- Step-by-Step Guidance not only guides the user by telling them what to do next, but will also wait until the user completes that specific task in order to continue to the next step.
- Validation Paths are designed to make users go through a certain flow in order to move forward. For example, if users forget to fill a certain section when filling out an online form, the validation path feature will grey the screen and highlight the blank area
reinforcing the user to fill in missing details.
- Use Conditional-based Onboarding when a user enters a specific website and does not make an interaction for an allotted amount of time, by having an interactive pop-up appear to aid the user in figuring out the next step.
- The Search Menu Widget grants users the ability to browse through different walkthroughs and select the walkthrough they want to initiate. The search menu can be divided into subsections for a large amount of walkthroughs.
- The Reporting and Analytics Dashboard shows aggregated analytics for each individual training session and tracks conversion rates, number of conversions, bounce rate, time on page, CTR, completion rate, and more.
SAP SuccessFactors has become a necessity in today’s market as the leading HCM software solution. SAP SuccessFactors provides many benefits to Human Resources that can help propel a company forward. Despite this, users of SAP SuccessFactors have to learn how to properly use the solution to reap the benefits, which can lead to high onboarding costs. “Digital walkthrough software” can help reduce costs and increase user understanding by providing on-demand, guided walkthroughs that help teach the software without the need for outside assistance.