Experiential marketing immerses the consumer into an experience of your product by stimulating the senses through sight, sound, feel or smell. As opposed to a purely text-based website which the user experiences internally, a site that incorporates audio and visual components for example, engages the user’s senses, creating a stronger emotional connection to your brand.
Whether we want to admit it or not, human purchasing behavior is highly influenced by emotions. Stimulating the senses enhances memory and literally creates an emotional response that increases customer retention and conversion rates.
We already know that video is a tremendous attractor in marketing strategy. According to a recent Forbes survey, 75% of business executives report that they watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week. Further, 50% watch business-related videos on YouTube and 65% of those visit the business website after viewing the video.
Audio content is one of the most popular forms of multimedia engagement on website marketing. In his article on the Salesforce blog entitled, Ohad Rozen, shares why:
- Audio content is both useful and entertaining for your audience, but selfishly, audio files small size and compatibility makes it easy to add to ones site without compromising speed and usability.
- All encompassing. Audio content comes without limitations, a brand's info and product descriptions can be accessible to visually impaired users.
- Audio content performs as an enhancement for your products descriptions, adding more detailed information as well as interviews or testimonials. Taking a page out of the book for sites selling music, which offer previews of tracks, audio can assist other products. For example British Airways is relying on a recent study from Oxford University. They discovered that combining sound with food or drink can enhance ones flavor, called ‘Sonic Seasoning.’ The airline is debuting an in-flight playlist to enrich the taste of its dishes served in-flight.
Additional valuable tips on creating the audio content:
- Similarly to a video, the background noise should be payed close attention to. Without realizing it, when creating an audio file, disturbing noises can sneak their way into the recording. Make sure you have a good microphone and record in a quiet environment.
- Be prepared! Create a script beforehand especially when talking about your product or your online store. A well-written script assures your recording to be more professional and important details won't be omitted.
- Size is important — the smaller the file the better. In order to to do so, MP3files are better suited than WAV files or other types of media formats. MP3’s keep the file size to a minimum whilst maximizing compatibility.
Audio content is ideal because it is simple to create, it leaves a lasting impression on the user and is an effective tool to guide the consumer toward a positive user experience. You can control the messaging you want to promote on your website and direct the user toward certain actions. The possibilities are endless, and the impact it will have on your audience is a game changer.