Product and platform:
- Q:Do you support all browsers? A:Yes. We are compatible with all modern browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer (IE) version 9 and up. Which represents over 99% of desktop browsers used worldwide.
- Q:Does your solution work on Mobile? A:Yes. Although currently it's in Beta stage, our solution works on most phones and tablets running Android and iOS. You can also customize our system so that specific mobile devices get a specific message (e.g. iPhone users will get one call to action while Android users will get another).
- Q:Does your audiovisual walkthrough start to play automatically? A:You can choose to play the solution automatically, or have it initiated by your users. The walkthrough can start playing by clicking on a play button or, use as a trigger based on your users' behavior, such as a specific amount of time they have been on a page or any other custom trigger.
- Q:How do I access the editor? A:Upon completion of the registration process, we will start the deployment process and provide you with your details to your personal dashboard.
- Q:Which languages are included in your audio walkthroughs? A:We can play audio in ANY language. We can also trigger the appropriate language audio based on the geographic region your website users are coming from.
- Q:Can I record or upload my own voice file in the audio walkthrougs? A:Yes, you can upload a voice file with your voice over artist.
- Q:Is it real voice or text to speech? A:We record all audio with professional voice talents.
- Q:How often can I update the voice script? A:Scripts can be periodically changed and we encourage trying different scripts to find the optimal set up. Audio scripts take up to 2 days to complete, therefore we would request no more than a few changes per month, for existing deployments and walkthroughs.
- Q:Can I add or edit scripts? A:You are able to submit change requests for voice scripts through the client dashboard. The corresponding request will then be sent to your Customer Success manager, who will in-turn execute and upload the changes in your voice script. For customers with large numbers of walkthroughs, we provide a fully managed service, which allows us to schedule and program changes on a regular basis.
- Q:Does Toonimo offers an analytics dashboard? A:Toonimo offers a whole analytics suite including A/B/C testing capabilities, and an analytics dashboard to show the effectiveness and results of each Walkthrough.
- Q:How long is the deployment process? A:The deployment of the toonimo solution depends on the complexity of the use cases. For a simple deployment of 1-2 use cases, the end to end deployment can take between 2-3 days to generate the voice assets. Larger deployments can take a little longer.
- Q:Where do we place the codeline? A:Paste Toonimo code into all your website's webpages or in a "template footer" coding section. Or, paste it immediately before the closing </body> tag (just like Google Analytics). Please note: it’s important to paste Toonimo codeline on all webpages, so we can properly measure metrics such as bounce rate.
- Q:Do you offer on-premise installations? A:Toonimo's standard offering is SaaS, however, we do provide on-premise deployments in a few available configurations.
- Q:Does it affect the loading time of the page? A:We provide a generic code for all pages. The code is around 100kb and comes with three configurable server side load settings which let you choose when it will load. The audio elements are downloaded via smart buffering and we only load the elements in a conversation string. Graphical elements like arrows, circles, and lines are very light and should not affect the page loading time.
- Q:In case Toonimo loads a-synchronically, how much time does Toonimo delay the load of the page? A:Assuming you place Toonimo’s snippet at the end of the body, the page load is not delayed at all since Toonimo loads only after all of the resources started loading. Only some images/videos or other large resources may be delayed, since they haven't finished loading until Toonimo started loading in parallel. In that case the delay may be milliseconds-seconds and is depended on the network of the device.
- Q:In case Toonimo loads only after the pages was loaded – how long does it take to load Toonimo’s code line (if no one hits the play)? A:It depends on your users’ device and on the current network bandwidth they have and location on earth (Toonimo uses CDN but it still may vary). On a PC with a good internet connection, an average time until a trigger button will show is about 500ms-1000ms. When loading the page on the second time, the files are already in cache and average load time is 200ms-300ms.
- Q:After Toonimo is already loaded – how long does it take to load our WT (for each 30 sec of a sound WT) when someone hits our trigger? A:The walkthrough is loaded immediately when the codeline is loaded. Once the walkthrough is loaded and a trigger button is shown, Toonimo starts buffering all the relevant sounds for the page. Each sound is ready to be played after an average of 150ms on a PC with good internet. A 1-minute sound is loaded within 1.5 seconds on average on a PC with good internet. On a smartphone with good 3G internet, a sound is ready to be played after 2-5 seconds after trigger button was shown.
- Q:If there are 5 different walkthroughs on the page – Will it load them all? What about 20 walkthroughs(in the search menu e.g.)? A:All the walkthroughs that can be played on the page are loaded together once the page loads. The walkthroughs that are shown within the search menu are not loaded. Only the walkthrough titles are shown.
- Q:What is the size of Toonimo's first code-line return? A:The first snippet is split into 3 requests of 193KB + 5KB + 5KB (gzip encoding) = ~200KB. There other resources that are loaded later after codeline is ready to run the walkthrough (audio walkthrough - 1MB for 1-minute), visuals effects (~6KB for each different effect), specific js templates (7KB for a standard player).
- Q:Does Toonimo supports SSL and behind login pages? A:Toonimo supports both HTTPS and HTTP web protocols and behind login pages.
- Q:Can Toonimo software identity Webpage changes and how does it adapt to such changes? A:The comprehensive solution offered by Toonimo takes Webpage changes into account. The software has been designed to gather the requisite number of identifiers for each element that is highlighted. As soon as a page has changed, Toonimo will begin evaluating the page for identical elements. The technical indicators include stronger HTML identifiers such as ID attributes, unique class attribute, position on the page, and so forth. If the element is deemed to be the same element, Toonimo will regard it as the same object. In the event of dramatic changes to Webpages, customers may be required to update the Toonimo walkthrough. Alternatively, Toonimo is more than happy to manage the process for clients – no questions asked. In all cases, clients will be notified if a walkthrough has been disrupted. A broken walkthrough is characterized by missing elements, and clients and customer success managers will be able to view these errors on the private Toonimo dashboard.
Implementing Toonimo on a CMS or ecommerce platform:
- Q:How do I implement if I use Magento? A:Download the extension here: link Within your Magento account follow instructions to add Toonimo snippet into the extension.
- Q:How do I implement if I use Wordpress? A:Download Toonimo plug-in here: link Activate the plug-in then follow instructions to add Toonimo snippet into the plug-in.
- Q:How do I implement if I use Joomla? A:Get Toonimo extension here: link From the backend of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions -> Install/Uninstall. Click the Browse button and select the extension package on your local machine. Click the Upload File & Install button. Follow instructions to add Toonimo snippet into the extension.
- Q:How do I implement if I use Drupal? A:Download Toonimo plug-in for Drupal here: link Use this plug-in if you want to add Toonimo code snippet to pages created with Drupal.